Dr. David Simons and Dr. Ivan Shorter are currently registered with the state of Pennsylvania to medically certify patients for medical marijuana.
After you research this treatment and after you have spoken with your primary care or specialty physician about your interest in this treatment, here's how you can start the process:
- Have your physician send us a referral. Or, click here to download an application form and instructions.
- Complete the application and return it to our office.
- Our physicians will review the application and determine your eligibility for a consultation.
- If eligible we will contact you for a consultation.
- After a consultation our physicians provide a medical certification to the state. The physicians do not prescribe or dispense medical marijuana.
The state of Pennsylvania has named specific medical conditions that would qualify for medical marijuana:
From the Pennsylvania medical marijuana web site: What is a "serious medical condition" under the Act? The Act defines a "serious medical condition" as any one of the following:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn's Disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
- Huntington's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intractable Seizures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective.
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Terminal illness
Visit the state web site for more specific information www.medicalmarijuana.pa.gov